It’s time to get down to business with a short list of Instant Pot easy recipes that are pretty darn foolproof. These dishes don’t require a pile of ingredients, are easy to make, and will give you confidence in using your Instant Pot. They’re also great go-to recipes when you’re busy and need to throw a meal together fast, or just want something simple and easy after a long hard day.
Disclaimer: I’m not smart enough to come up with recipes more complicated than hot dogs by myself, so the links below will take you to some of my favorite recipe sites!
We begin by choosing potatoes as our sacrificial lamb – they’re easy to work with and cheap, so if you mess up (which you won’t) and they don’t turn out right (which they will), you won’t have lost much, right? Check out ThisOldGal’s recipe!
Honey Garlic Chicken
This recipe is just stupid easy and ridiculously delicious. There are lots of modifications to it floating around out there, but the recipe in Pressure Cooking Today will hit the spot, I promise!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Like Honey Garlic Chicken, this recipe is a weeknight sanity saver for busy moms and dads. It has four ingredients plus water! Check it out on See Lindsay’s site.
Split Pea Soup
One of my many and growing number of favorite soups. Can you have too many favorites? I don’t know, but I’m gonna try and find out! This is a ridiculously easy recipe from AllRecipes.com.
Ribs? RIBS? Yes, ribs. Riiiiibs. Cooking them for hours on the smoker is great, but you can achieve 99% of the taste in a fraction of the time in the Instant Pot, and it’s EASY. There are oodles of rib recipe variations out there, but it comes down to this:
- Add a cup of apple cider and up to half a cup of apple cider vinegar (less if you want, just make up the difference with more apple cider) to the pot – some folks also put a bit of Liquid Smoke into the pot;
- Put the trivet in the bottom of the pot;
- Roll up two racks of baby back ribs (seasoned if you like, but you don’t have to) and stick them into the pot vertically (bones sticking up and down) on the trivet – you don’t need to cut them up or even remove the membrane;
- Cook on Manual at High Pressure for 28 minutes, then Natural Pressure Release (which you’ll see referred to as “NPR”) for 15 – in other words, after it’s done cooking under pressure, let it sit for another 15 minutes before you let the rest of the steam out;
- Carefully remove the ribs from the pot (tongs often work well) and put them on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil;
- Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce – slather that stuff on; and
- Stick them under a broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until the BBQ sauce is glazed and bubbling. Eat and enjoy!
You may have seen me mention cheesecake hereabouts, maybe just a time or two. I’m a fan, and you will be, too after you see how darn easy it is to make an amazingly easy and yummy cheesecake with your Instant Pot. There are TONS of different recipes out there, but if you’re a chocolate fiend, this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe from SerenaLissy is a great one! It’s a bit more work than some other cheesecake recipes, but oh, so yummy…
Did Someone Say Accessories?
While you can cook tons of things with your stock Instant Pot, you can make some things easier and other things possible with the addition of an accessory or two…
Where Would You Like To Go?What is an Instant Pot?
Why Should You Buy an Instant Pot?
Which Instant Pot Should You Get?
The Great Instant Pot Water Test
Some Foolproof Recipes
Instant Pot Accessories
Get the Newsletter!
Check Out The Blog